Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Bare Minimum

Many times I receive emails in regards to:

"I'm using the TSO System, I'm getting a decent ranking, but I'm not getting any sales! Why?"

As I pry into the reasons why this could be, I always come to the same conclusion. Their site is not a user friendly website. Actually, many of them are eye sores. I guess it bothers me even more because I've taken web designing courses and I do have a tendency to be overly critical on some things especially the designs of web sites. I can tell right away what needs to be fixed and how a few little adjustments can drastically improve your visitors experience (and your experience when they finally start buying your products).

Online entreprenuers go into business to make money. They might have the best product that everyone wants but with no website curb appeal, no one will buy the product. It's all about first impression.

If I'm stepping on some toes here and you know that your site needs improvement, what can you do? Here's a few tips:

1) If you don't know HTML, learn it......it's one of the easiest programming languages to learn.

2) Use a editor like Frontpage. In combination with your new knowledge of HTML, working with Frontpage will be a breeze.

3) Purchase some already designed Web Templates. I took the liberty to give web designers some already packaged web templates available at www.BestBulkTemplates.com. This will help out tremendously and give you that professional look.

4) Find some web pages that really catch your eye and analyze/write down why this web page really stirs you. Design your site around your analysis.

5) Find a web designer that knows web designing. I say this because I've dealt with "web designers" who don't know one thing about designing. So, they take your hard earned money and you still don't have the look you want. Even though we don't advertise web designing (not yet a least), we do designing for those who are interested. Prices start at $200 and up. Please contact me if you're interested.

I could go on with about the technical aspect of what makes a good website such as non-frames vs. frames, equal white space, jpg. vs. bmp., what enhances or hurts a site, the use of graphics, alt attributes, etc....but I'll leave that for another day. If you would like for me to speak on some of these things in future blogs, please leave your comments and let me know.

Okay, my rant is over, time to take a coffee break.

Until next time.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Searching for this article. Its really Great HelpFull Thanks
PreOwnedphones 8 Plus
PreOwnedphones 8 Plus
PreOwnedphones 8 Plus
PreOwnedphones 8 Plus
PreOwnedphones 8 Plus